Tuesday, January 31, 2006

We've Lost Another Great African-American!

Coretta Scott King passed away last night. She was truly a regal soul and strong Black woman. When she joins her husband, the late Martin Luther King, Jr. in heaven I wonder what she will tell him about the state and mentality of Black America. I wonder if she will hide the fact that many of us are taking steps back. The fearless steps that our people in the past took for us. I wonder will she tell him that White on Black crime is nothing compared to the Black on Black crime. I wonder will she tell him that many of us, even though we all have rights to an education, would rather drop out of high school and not even think about college. I wonder will she let him know that we still need another King to come and show our people the way. Maybe they will send someone.

I don't know what's going on, but a lot of our great African-American heros, leaders and trailblazers are being called home lately. I wonder if that means something. I wonder if they are all gathering in heaven shaking their heads at us wondering.

No comments: